Lemon and honey are classic Greek ingredients for any dish, adding an aroma and flavor from the Mediterranean. But add Greek yogurt into the mix and you’ve got a wonderful, Greek-inspired cheesecake made with three of the Greekest ingredients we know– Greek yogurt, honey and lemons.
The simplicity of this recipe makes it all the more appealing. Read below and see how quickly (and easily) you can have one of these gorgeous and tasty cheesecakes on your table.
Our recipes are hosted by Olive Grove Market, featuring a wide array of Greek food products that add the flavor of Greece in any Greek kitchen. Click here to visit Olive Grove Market.
- 1 1/2 cups plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 cup non fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp honey (Buy your Greek honey here)
- 3 egg whites (9 tbsp if using the kind in a carton)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. It will look thin and watery, but that’s ok.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8×8 circle pan (a springform is best). Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Chill in fridge overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- After chilled, cut into slices and serve chilled. Use remaining honey to drizzle on top of each piece. Store leftovers in the fridge.
Cover Image Credit: Nutrition in the Kitchen, which also features a different recipe for this same sumptuous cheesecake. Click here to see that recipe.
Is The Pappas Post worth $5 a month for all of the content you read? On any given month, we publish dozens of articles that educate, inform, entertain, inspire and enrich thousands who read The Pappas Post. I’m asking those who frequent the site to chip in and help keep the quality of our content high — and free. Click here and start your monthly or annual support today. If you choose to pay (a) $5/month or more or (b) $50/year or more then you will be able to browse our site completely ad-free!