Little Island is a short documentary made by Angelos Psomopoulos and Alex Vilaras about the story of a man who chose to abandon all other material life and for almost 40 years live on a small Greek island south of Crete in the Libyan Sea.
Through the years, he became one with the environment and managed to survive, despite many challenges and difficulties.
When his stay on the island is disturbed at the insistence of the government, he refuses to leave.
A person’s destiny always lies in his or her worst fears and, unlike all of our worst fears, a strong will hidden behind a life makes it a worthwhile story to tell.
The short film has received numerous awards and distinctions throughout the world including:
- Official Selection Thessaloniki International Documentary Film Festival 2015
- Nominated for Best Direction Los Angeles Short Film Festival 2016
- Best Film Production SAE Alumni Awards 2015
- Official Selection San Fransisco Greek Film Festival 2016
- Festival Award Ierapetra International Documentary Film Festival 2015
- Official Selection Best Shorts Competition 2015
Is The Pappas Post worth $5 a month for all of the content you read? On any given month, we publish dozens of articles that educate, inform, entertain, inspire and enrich thousands who read The Pappas Post. I’m asking those who frequent the site to chip in and help keep the quality of our content high — and free. Click here and start your monthly or annual support today. If you choose to pay (a) $5/month or more or (b) $50/year or more then you will be able to browse our site completely ad-free!