Crispy golden brown outside, light, fluffy and lemony inside — you’ll not only love this authentic roasted potato recipe, but you’ll never believe how simple it is to make.
Amazingly flavorful and filling, roasted oven potatoes are authentically vegan and a fantastic choice for lunch, dinner, midnight snack — you get the idea!
For those in North America, use a brown baking potato like russets for this recipe, as they’re much better here than red bliss or waxy varieties. Russets bake up lighter and fluffier inside and can withstand the higher baking temperatures in this recipe without turning to mush. And the bigger the potato, the bigger and more beautiful your roasted potato wedges will be, so it’s worth it to hunt for the biggest.
There are only a few simple ingredients in this recipe, so make sure they’re the best quality you can find!
If you have any leftovers, which you very well may not, keep them covered in the fridge and either serve at room temp or wrap in aluminum foil and reheat in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Do not microwave!
- 2 very large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 cup broth or water
- 3-4 cloves chopped garlic (2 tbsps)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tbsp crushed Greek oregano
- Peel potatoes and cut into 6 long wedges, set aside.
- Whisk chopped rosemary, chopped garlic, salt/pepper, olive oil, lemon juice and water/broth together in medium bowl. Add peeled potato wedges to marinade and coat them completely. Transfer coated potatoes and marinade to roasting pan.
- Roast potatoes in 400 degree oven for 50-60 minutes until fork tender and golden brown. Serve right from the oven and garnish with additional chopped rosemary, crushed Greek oregano and a wedge of lemon.
- This recipe gives you approximately 12 good sized potato wedges. If you’re serving these as a side to a main meal, the recipe gives you 4 good sized side servings with 3 wedges per person. I usually serve them on a platter as part of a larger table of dishes.
About the author
Kiki Vagianos is The Greek Vegan! Kiki lives and cooks in Boston. She spends her free time collecting, testing and posting favorite traditional Greek recipes at The Greek Vegan website. She loves sharing these simple and delicious authentic dishes and helping to bring them back into kitchens throughout the Greek diaspora. Kali Orexi!
Is The Pappas Post worth $5 a month for all of the content you read? On any given month, we publish dozens of articles that educate, inform, entertain, inspire and enrich thousands who read The Pappas Post. I’m asking those who frequent the site to chip in and help keep the quality of our content high — and free. Click here and start your monthly or annual support today. If you choose to pay (a) $5/month or more or (b) $50/year or more then you will be able to browse our site completely ad-free!