Artists from throughout the world are getting creative while being forced to stay home amid the coronavirus pandemic and restrictions placed on public gatherings by authorities hoping to flatten the curve of the epidemic in their respective countries.
Dozens of videos have gone viral, including singers on Italian balconies and other creative expressions in these strange times.
Numerous Greek entertainers, orchestras and musicians are no different, with several taking to their social media accounts to entertain fans from afar.
Here are some of our favorites that we’ve seen online– creativity in the era of social distancing.
(1) Athens Philharmonic Orchestra Performs “Athens” by Manos Hadjidakis
(2) Philharmonic Orchestra of Kerkyra Performs “Μη φοβείσθε Γραικοί”
(3) Members of the Greek National Opera Perform the “Aria Libiamo ne’ Lieti Calici” from Verdi’s “La Traviata”
(4) George Grekousis, Konstantinos Fotiadis, Stavros Sofronas, Polis Pelelis and Petros Pelelis Perform Dire Straits’ “Money for Nothing”
(5) Cretan Musicians Perform “Ποιος Είδε Άνοιξη Καιρό”
*This video has been watched more than a half million times. All proceeds from advertising and downloads will be donated to the medical teams in Athens helping patients afflicted with coronavirus. We wrote about this video here.
Is The Pappas Post worth $5 a month for all of the content you read? On any given month, we publish dozens of articles that educate, inform, entertain, inspire and enrich thousands who read The Pappas Post. I’m asking those who frequent the site to chip in and help keep the quality of our content high — and free. Click here and start your monthly or annual support today. If you choose to pay (a) $5/month or more or (b) $50/year or more then you will be able to browse our site completely ad-free!